Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Call You Friend

"I no longer call you servants...Instead, I call you friends... You did not choose me, but I chose you..." (John 15:15-16 NIV)

Simple prayer from our deepest longing brings the quickest answers from God. He continually answers those prayers in the most unexpected ways.

Several months ago, I asked God to bless me with new Christian friends since I had just moved to a different city. Funny how I can't have a women's ministry that edifies and encourages women without friends! He answered my prayer in such a way that I am in awe. A women's Bible study at church led to a wonderful small group fellowship to a blog which draws new friends from as far as Singapore (check out the comment to "Tell Your Story.")! I discovered this morning that each of us affects others in ways that we are not aware of and that we really do need each other.

In yesterday's message, "Tell Your Story," I mentioned that I am usually a loner. Even though I enjoy my private time, God is showing me what a wonderful blessing friendship is. It is a gift when you are blessed with people who love you and stand with you. I usually shy away from large displays of affection from friends because I have always believed that I was unworthy of their love. This morning I realized that God has moved through me to touch others in some way and I have no right to isolate myself (thanks Joanne!). I am not my own. I know I keep saying that, but that is what God keeps telling me.

God's call on my life is that of an encouraging mentor to women. My life, my gifts of discernment and compassion, and this blog are some of the tools He has given me to serve His children. Sweet Jesus, I am already living my calling!

To my friends Susie W, Dell R, Joanne R, Leah G, Debbie H, Donna B, Donna D, Norma P, Crystal M, Jennifer B, Nancy K, Lori C, Kimberly DQ, Marsha P, Adrienne V, Patti L, Juliann A and Karen R, I thank you for your friendship and love. To my new friends, Lysa Terkheurst, Shari Braendel and the P31 Beauty Team, Jing Er and others who have visited this blog, thank you for your encouragement and faith.

Jesus, thank you for calling us Your friends. Keep us surrendered, vulnerable and open so that others may draw near to You and Your love. You have chosen us to will and to do for Your good pleasure. May Your will be done. In Your sweet, holy Name. Amen.

No comments: