Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Let Go!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Corinthians 2:9, NIV)

For the past few years, I have been struggling and trying to make the visions that God has given me work in my life. I have planned and implemented and done bits of service here and there, but never enough it seemed to make the visions stick. Nine months ago, I moved to be closer to my family and help out with the family business. Little did I know that this would be a time of rest, not just physically, but also spiritually. Little did I know that I would get to meet my Maker in such a way, that He is now my best Friend! I can't imagine my life without Him and I can truly say that, "I am in love with You, my Lord!"

You may ask how I got to this point and how could any human being be in love with Something, Someone sooo big. When God calls His children, at some point they will draw near to Him and become exactly who they were created to be. I had the pleasure of chatting on the phone with my sister last night and we talked about what God is doing in our lives and how we are both embarking on something so big, that God has to come in. What He has shown us is bigger than ourselves and we have to just jump in and run! Why not run?! Neither one of us knows where He will take us, but that is the beauty of the journey.

I am excited about where God is leading. My path seems to be going in a different way than I had planned, which is good since it really wasn't working! What I have learned so clearly from Him, is that all of us must let go of all that we hope for, all that we dream of, all whom we love, and all that we don't want in our lives. If we don't let go, we hinder Him from blessing us and others. When we hold on tightly to those we love because we are believing God for blessing, healing, saving or whatever our desire is, we hinder Him from moving in their lives. He can't work when our hands are shut tight. He can only bless when our hands are open wide.

So since I have moved, I have found the peace that surpasses all understanding. It is in Him. I have found that no matter what my dreams are, He is in control. I have found that as I let go, He just blesses me like I have never been blessed before!

Our God is an awesome God, who has made promises that He intends to keep. The prayers we have sent up, He has heard. The tears we have cried, He has caught. Life with God is a partnership. He is waiting for us to let go so He can move and do only what He can do.

How badly do you want Him to move in your life? Let go so He can move!

No comments: