Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dreams and Visions

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last." (John 15:16, NIV)

"I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of Me and what I will show you." (Acts 26:16, NIV)

That's it! I have decided to answer His call and believe the visions the Lord has given me! I am receiving His call to be a full-fledged image and life coach, speaker and writer on these topics, an event planner and Mary Kay Director. Whew! Speaking out loud is scary, because you can't take the words back. When you know the Lord has a hold on your life to educate, edify and encourage women to be who He created them to be, you don't have a choice but to speak out and do.

I am reading the wonderful book The Dream Giver for the fifth or sixth time and this time every word is bouncing off the pages and speaking to me. When this happens I know it is because the Lord has taken me farther on my journey with Him. Just like Ordinary in The Dream Giver, now is the time for me to live my dream which is really God's dream.

Each one of us has been given a dream or dreams that we wish we could fulfill or are in the midst of fulfilling. For those of you who are just getting started or have not discovered exactly what your dream is, don't lose hope. My journey has taken many years with lots of lessons on life, surrender and living for the Lord and allowing Him to be in control. Some of the lessons have been really difficult and the waiting seems to take forever! We have to trust God's promises and we have to wait on Him or the visions will not turn out right. We are not our own and the visions are not exclusively ours. What is in our hearts was put there by the Lord.

I know this is hard to do, but wait on the Lord and trust Him. He chose you for those dreams and He will bring everything to pass. In the meantime, study and prepare. Learn all that you can about the dream He has laid on your heart. Write the vision on paper as often as you can. You will be surprised at how clear it becomes as He molds and shapes you into the vision He has given you. Study His Word daily, worship and praise Him. Sit with Him and listen to Him. What He teaches you will be needed throughout your journey and in the midst of your dream. Your dream cannot be accomplished without Him because it really is His dream. The joy is that He wants you along for the ride.

Father, I want to encourage those who have dreams in their hearts; dreams that You have given them. Lift them up, teach them in the way they must go. Strengthen them. Open their eyes and their minds to what You need them to know. Teach us all to trust You Lord with everything. In Jesus' sweet and holy Name. Amen.

No comments: