Monday, January 7, 2008

If I Sat With You Today

"Lord, if I sat with You today, would You fix all of my problems?
- make my kids behave?
- stop the dog from chewing on all four legs of my new end table?
- keep the cat off the dog?!
- keep my cranky neighbor from complaining about her ailments?
- make my husband pick his clothes up off the floor and take out the trash before I ask him?
- have my family clean, do the laundry, cook dinner and put themselves to bed tonight?
- help me lose the 20 (or is it 30!) pounds I put on, without diet and exercise?
- finish the project at work that keeps getting revised just as I finish it?
- give me more time to live each day?
- give us more money to pay our bills instead of more month to wrack up bills?!
- give me a vacation?
- and, oh yeah, more time to sit with You?"

"My child, if you sat with Me today, I would have you cast all your cares upon Me.
- I would have you come to Me that I may give you rest.
- supply all of your need according to My riches in glory.
- help you love your neighbor as yourself.
- encourage you to present yourself as a living sacrifice.
- remind you that you have the mind of Christ, a renewed mind.
- that you can do all things through My Son, Jesus Christ Who strengthens you.
- tell you that when you are weak, then you are strong.
- remember that I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and to give you a hope and a future.
- remind you that you were created in My image and likeness.
- gently remove the plank from your eye.
- encourage you to stop fretting and seek My kingdom and its righteousness.
- told you that I would pour out blessings that there shall not be room enough to receive
them.
- and remind you that I am with you always and that I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Oh My child, if only you had sat with Me today..." mts

3 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful! I loved this!

Sandy said...

THIS touched my heart! Beautifully put! Heartfelt thanks!

Blessings,
Miss Sandy

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

thought provoking!!!