Friday, January 11, 2008

No Greater Love

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13, NIV)

No greater love = adoration, devotion, humility and sacrifice. Would you be able to handle such a call on your life? Could you live your life knowing that your purpose for living was to die for all people? Throughout our lives, God brings us people to love deeply. Could you and would you die for them? Could you die for people you don't even know? Could you even let someone die for you?

Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ came with one purpose, to die for us so that our sins would be forgiven, forever. He lived for thirty-three years knowing that His entire life was only for death. What faith and devotion to our Father! What an example to follow!

As I write this, I am asking myself these same questions. Could I die for people I love and people I don't know? For what the Lord has done for me? Yes! For how He has changed me? Yes! I know that's huge, but I accepted Jesus into my life and my entire being. Living for His plans and purpose are all that matters. Yes, it is frightening because I have no idea what this truly means nor do I know where He will lead. But He doesn't give us anything we can't bear for He is with us and within us. He has shown me His great love and it rests within my soul. It is a great love that no human could possibly give or take for it is all consuming.

God so wants us all to receive His Son, Jesus Christ, not for title or recognition but for repentance. Our sole purpose must be Him and His will. This is big. It requires a change of plans; a giving up of one's own desires, needs and agendas for a life of unknowns, but also a life full of Him and His blessings. Having accepted Jesus, my life has been a glory of unknowns that leave me in awe and wonder. I have no idea what is next, but I do know that I will do my best and trust Him with the rest of me in order to see what comes each day. I actually long for Him because He brings a power, a presence and a love that is indescribably delicious! Just watching and waiting for Him is exciting. When He sits with you, you become truly aware of a power greater than you and a love like no other.

If there are holes in your life or your life does not feel right, something is missing and you can't put your finger on it, talk to Jesus. You don't have to be fancy or extra polite. I'm not. I just talk to Him as I would a loved one or friend, because that is exactly what He is. He is not looking for perfect people, but people who are honest and real. He made you and already knows all your stuff anyway, so just lay everything at His feet. He can and will take it all and He will sit with you, walk with you, cry and laugh with you if you will let Him. He doesn't care what you have done or haven't done. He just wants you to come so He can love on you and bless you. Won't you come to Him? He is waiting with open arms just for you.

No comments: