Friday, January 4, 2008

Dare to Believe!

"And Jesus said to him, 'If you can? All things are possible to him who believes.'" (Mark 9:23, NASB)

Just the other day I was sitting at a red light thinking about my circumstances and wishing that they would be resolved for the new year. I was thinking how nice it would be to start 2008 with a clean slate and was envisioning what it would be like. As I turned my gaze back to the traffic light I noticed the license plate on the car in front of me. It read, "God Knus." I had to laugh because I find that since I chose to surrender my life to Him, He has answered prayer even before the thought has left my mind or my lips. I was reminded and assured that any and all things are possible to those who believe Him.

Many of us have made resolutions and set goals for this new year. Some of us are not sure how they are going to come about and some of us have detailed plans. I for one, have huge dreams in my heart and on paper and I can tell you that even though this is only the fourth day of the new year, God has answered and blessed me in unexpected and glorious ways.

One of the greatest apostles of our time, Smith Wigglesworth, had an unshakable faith in what God can do. He emphatically stated, "Dare to believe!" He said that God is just waiting for us to take Him at His Word and expect Him to fulfill His promises. All we have to do is ask and believe in prayer.

So, as you look at your goals today and everyday, dare to believe. As a matter of fact, I double dog dare you to believe that with God all things are possible! Ask Him!

No comments: