Thursday, January 10, 2008

Madly, Deeply

I read a blog the other day by Lysa Terkeurst of Proverbs 31 Ministries. In it, she describes herself as an ordinary woman who is madly in love with Jesus. For several months I have been trying to find a way to describe my feelings for my Lord and Savior. Madly, deeply in love could not describe it any better! I just love Him so! When I think of Him, I get such a big silly grin on my face. All I can think of is Snoopy from Charley Brown when he dances with such joy. If my feet could spin like his as he glides across the floor, I would be doing some serious dancing for my Lord! Since I trained as a dancer, I know it is not humanly possible to spin my feet like Snoopy, but I do know with God, all things really are possible!

This reminds me of the lyrics,
"I am free to run.
I am free to dance.
I am free to live for You.
I am free!"

In all my life, I have never felt free until now. No, my circumstances are still by my side, but now they have to keep pace if they want to stick around. They can stay or they can go. Either way, I am still madly, deeply in love with Jesus and I have every intention of being with the One I love!

Do you know Jesus? If you do, are you madly, deeply in love with Him? Know that He wants you. Yes, you! He wants to fill you with His love, heal you of a broken heart, wipe away all of your sins and fill you with His Holy Spirit, the power you need to really live.

If you don't know Him or have not been close to Him for some time, accept His invitation. Ask Him to come into your life, your heart, your soul. Ask Him to help you see who and what He sees in you. Ask Him for forgiveness and watch in awe and wonder as He changes you and your life. He's always near. He always loves and He always answers prayer.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord, 'and will bring you back from captivity.'" (Jeremiah 29:11-14, NIV)

I pray that you will seek Him and seek Him with your whole heart. When you do, I promise you too, will fall madly, deeply in love.

Be blessed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Monica, I have been reading your blogs, and have to tell you how much of a blessing it is to me.
I am madly in love with the Lord also.Sometimes I feel like a school girl. The excitment of being with others that love HIM too. Explosions of joy.

About your nightmares, I stand with you, in the gap for you. We HAVE the POWER to break the stronghold of the d----! I was reading from the same place in Mark 9 yesterday too. in verse 19. I receive the power He has given.

If and when you decide you would like to have a new kitty, I would love to take you and be a part of that. I know how special a fuzzy family member can be, and my heart goes out to you.

I look forward to more of Gods word through YOU.
Your sister in Christ,
Crystal-life group

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Dear Monica~
I was so very touched by your mention of me in your post today. I can tell you are madly in love with Jesus too!
Blessings,
Lysa

Celly B said...

What a wonderful, inspirational post of your love for God. I loved the dancing imagery!