Monday, January 21, 2008

The Simplicity of God

"They will be my people, and I will be their God." (Ezekiel 37:23, NIV)

Just the other day I read a beautiful blog message that was so honest, humble and sweet. The writer's message was about taking hold of God's hand and letting Him bless us, not because we have done something, but because He simply loves us. I loved the writer's words because of their simplicity and because I too have learned that God is simple.

Most of us believe we have to be at a certain level in our faith or that we have to do something in order to have God in our lives and to justify His blessings. That is not so. It is a huge day for celebration when one of His children realizes that all God wants is us. He's not looking for specific rituals or accomplishments; He's looking for us. The One who spells His name with three letters, G-O-D, simply wants Y-O-U and M-E to L-O-V-E. That's our call and He extends a simple invitation that says, "Come, and I will give you rest."

I do not know how to encourage you or myself enough to let go of our striving and straining in order to measure up to our beliefs. I am learning through study and prayer that faith is all that is required of us and it can be as small as a mustard seed. Some days that is all I have and yet, He is still before me, beside me and within me. I have to love Him. I have to believe Him. How can I not trust in Someone Who promises so much and never fails? How can I not believe in Him Who has brought me through some of the ugliest times of my life and still blesses me? How can I not be grateful to the One Who continually opens doors to my heart's desires?

There are times when God loves me so much I am left speechless. Omnipotent, Mighty, Glorious, and Wonderful, don't even come close to describing Him. There are no words in any language that can truly express the glory of God and His love. I hope that you will take time out today to be simple before the Lord. Be who you are and let Him be Who He is. Enjoy the sweet, simple communion because that is all He wants.

Be blessed!


P.S. For those of you who are oppressed and seem to be continually bombarded by the enemy, let me give you a bit of encouragement today. My computer "crashed" as I was writing today's message. Note that it has been posted! Our God can and will always make a way for His words to be known! Praise God!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: