Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Who Are You, Jesus?

"I am the way and the truth and the life." (John 14:6, NIV)

I wanted to write about Jesus today since that is the purpose of this blog. I asked Him what He wanted us to know and wondered what I didn't know. The Bible tells us about the love of God for us, the coming of the Messiah to save us from sin, all of the prophets and faithful warriors of the Lord, Jesus' ministry while He was here on earth and what will happen when He returns. So in all this, who is Jesus? How much time have I spent getting to know Him?

Do you think the disciples really grasped Who Jesus was while they were with Him? Can you imagine spending 1095 days (equivalent of three years) with the Son of God?! The awe and wonder of Him! Every one of those days was spent with the Source of all wisdom, love, power, grace and mercy. That Source became human form for you and me.

A prayer came into my heart as I was thinking and writing this today. I know Jesus and have accepted Him as my Lord and Savior, but I want to know more. I hope you do too!

Jesus, teach me like You taught the disciples. Open my eyes and ears to Who You are. I want to know You, Jesus. I know what You did and why and now I want to really know You. You came so that we could and would turn back to the Father and Your Word says that if we know You then we know Him. Show me more of You, Your character and grace. My life is spent living to become like You. Who are You, Jesus? Sit with me. Speak to me just as You spoke to Your disciples. Reveal to me all that You are. In Your sweet, holy Name. Amen.

No comments: