Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Sweet Sweet Sound

"I called, You answered. And You came to my rescue and I wanna be where You are."

What beautiful lyrics! This song just keeps playing in my head and on my lips. There is such a truth to the words. We have an awesome worship team at my church and there is a woman who always seems to reach my heart. When she opens her mouth, her soul just sings and it is a sweet sweet sound. I hear her voice when I think of this song and it just puts me in such a place of comfort and peace.

Now, I do not have the best voice in the world and it is best heard in a vehicle moving at a high rate of speed with the windows up! But, the Lord gave me a voice for His pleasure. What is meant to come out of my mouth is a sweetness that gives Him glory and joy. It is a voice that lovingly worships Him out of humility and gratitude.

How excited He must get when we drop all that concerns us and praise Him for Who He is, what He has done and for what He is doing. Glory to the Lord for He is worthy of all honor and praise!

I hope you take some time today to sing a melody to the Lord. You don't have to have the best voice in the world, you just have to open your mouth. Lift up your voice and your heart and sing Him a sweet sweet sound.

Be blessed!

No comments: