Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sufficient Grace for Tough Decisions

"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Answering God's call can be a daunting experience for it requires humility, sacrifice, patience, devotion and trust. He gives us visions that we have no idea how to accomplish and allows challenges that confound us to our wits end. Have you heard God's call on your life and accepted it? Has He given you glorious visions that you can't wait to live out? Are you in a place right now where you have no idea how to begin and feel stuck with where you are? I completely understand your situation.

Last night was spent in prayer with regards to an issue I have been struggling with for almost a year. I have no idea what to do except follow my heart. Obedience seems to cause God to open doors and bestow unexpected blessings and today I must make known His calling to someone I love dearly. I am fearful of this person's response because they have their own expectations of me, ones that I cannot follow. I have to go where God leads and for the first time, I know the end result but have no idea how I am to get there.

My prayers to the Lord have been for provision, wisdom and faith in this new journey. He has done that and more. He continually opens doors with blessings waiting on the other side and He always leaves me in awe. The step I need to take today is a big one and the only way I am going to be able to take it is with Him by my side. I continually think about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane and His prayer to the Father asking that the cup of sacrifice be passed from Him. But Jesus, out of devotion to the Father, bravely and humbly accepted His commission. The step I need to take must also be done out of devotion and obedience to the Lord. I have taken a similar step before and the wrath and pain that followed was heartbreaking. I don't want to relive that experience, but I must be faithful to our heavenly Father. What I really want is the freedom to live for my Savior, but I know that sometimes that freedom comes from doing things we have no desire to do.

So many times I have asked the Lord to help me enjoy the situation I am in and to see it from a different perspective, but that has not come. I have tried to enjoy the opportunity but have no interest in it whatsoever. This makes it more difficult because I know the time spent working on something that I don't enjoy could be spent doing something I know I am called to do.

What do you do in a situation that you don't see a way out of? How can you stay in the situation until the time comes for you to walk out your calling? It has to be by God's grace which He promises is sufficient for all times. Despite outcomes and circumstances, each day is for the Lord, not for me and that all I do must be for His glory. God promises to never leave me nor forsake me and out of love for Him, I must keep my eyes on the prize.

I pray that despite my fear Lord, You will be able to do great things through me for all honor and praise. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: