Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In Spite of Loss

"I'm gonna lift up holy hands in the Presence of the Lord."

My dear friend lost her husband this morning and the only thing I know to do is lift up holy hands to the Lord. Her husband accepted Jesus Christ as His Lord and Savior, reconciled with his estranged daughters and married my friend all in three weeks time. How glorious, magnificient, wonderful, marvelous and mighty is our Lord!

As I got ready for work this morning, I realized how important it is for us to love those God has brought into our lives despite differences, quirks and beliefs and how much we need to lean on God to do this. In spite of our circumstances, frustrations and sorrow, we must trust the Lord to guide us through. He has plans for us and we must press on in pursuit of our passions and the dreams that have been placed in our hearts. We have no idea what God's full plan is for our lives or how long we have to live, but He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. By trusting in Him, He will order our steps.

I don't know what you may be going through today, but I pray that you will take time to lay everything before the Lord and ask Him for strength one more time. Ask Him for peace, wisdom, understanding and the love of friends and family. And in spite of your trials and tribulations, I pray you will use the strength you have to lift up holy hands in the Presence of the Lord.

Be blessed.

No comments: