Monday, February 18, 2008

Weakness

"For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10, NIV)

Just the other day I took the Strengthsfinder 2.0 "test" to determine what my strengths were. A friend had recommended the book several times so I thought I would buy it. The results were interesting and quite true and even one was a bit of a surprise. What I thought was most interesting about this process was that its purpose is to help you discover your strengths and focus less on your weaknesses.

As I finished the process, I wondered what my weaknesses were and realized that I had been so focused on what I knew I could and wanted to do that I didn't think of specific acts that were weaknesses. I do not think that I am perfect at all, but I do believe that my entire life is lived to arrive at perfection through the power of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I realized that my weaknesses really do not matter because what I think is a weakness is based on human beliefs and standards, not God's. I have learned that the glory of living is that I learn to surrender my all to God so that He can use my strengths and weaknesses if, when and where He chooses.

Weaknesses are just as good and as necessary as strengths. My life is not to be lived for myself but for God and others He brings into my life. Weaknesses give others hope. They keep us surrendered to the Lord. The purpose for living is for God's glory, not ours. We must decrease that He may increase.

I am nothing without God and cannot fulfill His plans without His strength, power and might. The authority, dominion, power and greatness that is within me comes from the Holy Spirit Who lives in me. "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me," because, "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

I encourage you to take what you believe your weaknesses are and turn them over to the Lord along with what you believe are your strengths. Who you are and all that you have are for and from the Lord. Regardless of your beliefs, God can use every bit of you for His purpose. Yield all to Him and watch Him use you to touch someone else.

In His Name, Amen.

No comments: