Friday, February 22, 2008

BIDIA (But I Did It Anyway!)

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1, KJV)

Don't just sit there, move! Do something, anything! How many times have we come to a point in our lives when we are not sure if we have heard from God? How many times have you asked yourself, "Should I stay or should I go?" (reminds me of a song!) when you are at a crossroads?

I have such a difficult time when these moments occur. I know what God has called me to do with my life and I think I know what is needed in order to accomplish the vision, at least from a human standpoint. But I often wrestle with the how because most of what I know how to do costs money that I don't physically have right now. Yes, I am believing God is my Source for all things and that He would not give me a vision without the tools and resources to do it. What I struggle with is the waiting until the resources come. Do I move forward with what I do know how to do or do I wait until He comes with the resources?

Waiting is not one of my favorite tasks in life. Like most humans, patience is a virtue that will probably take all of my life to master! While I wait for Him to drop the next motherload of resources, I must continue to abide in Him or drive myself crazy. The only thing I know how to do well is set goals. What I also seem to be good at is waiting for the motherload instead of moving forward with what I do have. How I wish for once He would just drop down the money needed to do what I think needs to be done. Obviously, He has a different plan for accomplishing His vision. Sometimes I think His "withholding" is a test of my faithfulness and trust in Him. Do you think He knows His children or what?!

So, I decided that I was going to apply the BIDIA strategy which is, But I Did It Anyway. This weekend, I am going to review and implement those goals one more time and revise that business plan, make those phone calls, schedule and hold those appointments. And like Moses, I will stand before whomever I need to be in front of and remember that I AM WHO I AM sent me to do His will. He did command me to be a witness to Him and I did respond with, "Here I am. Send me!" I guess I had better get a move on!

Even if you can't see how God is going to make your dreams happen, take a step of faith. And if you have taken lots of steps in faith and still don't see your vision ahead of you, take one more. Do what you have to do anyway. Sometimes God opens doors as wide as airplane hangars that lead to unimagineable blessings and fulfillment. What's on the other side of your door?

No comments: