Friday, February 8, 2008

Perfection in His Time

"God has begun a good work in me, and He is well able to bring it to full completion." (Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Whew! The pressure is off! My life as a Christian is not accomplished solely by my efforts. Once I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, God was able to move a bit more freely in my life. As I learn more about Him and what He has done for all who have sinned against Him, I am able to do more of my part - prayer, worship, praise, surrender and love. He is then able to change me even more, keeping me humble and turning me more into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Many people have the wrong impression about Christians. We are expected to be perfect and often come across as overly righteous. So many of us have a rules and regulations or tit-for-tat mentality, believing we have to do certain things in order to be a Christian. We often make mistakes and hurt people because we are still human. That is our nature. To date, Jesus is the only One who ever walked this earth in perfection and our hope is to be in Him.

A relationship with Jesus is a Christian's way of life. Through study of His Word, prayer, worship, praise and just listening to Him, we learn how to live the life He wants us to live. He guides us to those who can help us in our walk as Christians and shows us that we are a work in progress. He gets to decide when we are complete, but we have to decide if this is what we want. Do we want a better life? Do we want joy, peace, prosperity and abundance? Do we want to know more of Him and what He has in store for us?

If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then be comforted to know that He will work with you and through you to achieve perfection His way. He loves each one of us too much to leave us hanging in this lifestyle of faith and perseverance. Continue to seek Him and trust Him. He will show Himself in ways that you would never expect. The awe and wonder of our Lord is priceless!

If you do not know the Lord or have been away from Him for some time, ask Him to come into your heart and forgive you for your sins. Ask Him to love you in the way only He can. Trust that He will lead you to where you need to be and to those who can help you live the life of a Christian. Change takes time and will cause some heartache and pain. The work does not have to be finished at a certain time, it just has to be done. Choosing to live with and for Him can be a bit scary, but I promise your life will be sweeter.

Won't you ask Him today?

No comments: