Monday, March 3, 2008

Staying Plugged In

"Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me." (John 15:4 NIV)

What do you do to stay motivated, excited, enthusiastic or pumped up to do what God has called you to do? Do you read the Bible or motivational books, listen to music or motivational CD's, recite affirmations or fellowship with other Christians?

As I write this message, I think of all that it takes to keep me motivated for the day. I start with prayer, a devotional and Scripture and sometimes I just sing what precious song comes to my heart at that moment. Throughout the day, I send up prayers to God and always ask Him what He needs me to do or how He wants me to handle a situation. I often check in with several friends throughout the day so that we can lift each other up if and when needed. At the end of my day, I read and meditate on God's Word and ask Him to make Himself plain.

In order for me to live my life I have to stay connected to my Lord and Saviour. Even though I do the actions listed above, there are days when I still struggle to stay fired up. Those days, I know it will take Almighty God to get me through. As I write this message, I hear Jesus saying, "Abide in Me and I in you." The more I want to live the calling God has placed on my life, the more I need to stay plugged in to a Source greater than myself.

God does know who and what we need right when we need them. He has provided the greatest Source we will ever need to live our lives fully for Him. His Holy Word is full of guidance, encouragement, edification and hope. He knew with our waywardness we would need a mighty tool in order to achieve our crown. The love and grace of God is revealed in every page of the Bible, a Book that is as relevant today as it was when each page was first written.

Thank you Lord for knowing Your children so well. Thank you for providing the greatest, most valuable tool we could ever need for success. Teach us to read, study, meditate on and speak Your Word as You wish it to be applied. Help us to follow Your command as it is written in Joshua 1:7-8, "Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

No comments: