Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Best for His Glory

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers is one of my favorite books. When I first purchased the book in 1994, the devotionals were so over my head. I had no clue as to what Chambers was talking about most of the time, but I persevered and asked God to take me into a deeper understanding of Himself. Now, my copy of My Utmost... is highlighted on every page and the middle pages are falling out, but I also now have the deeper relationship I prayed for.

As I read Chambers' devotional for today, I wondered what is my utmost for God's highest? What is my best? Is what I think the best even good enough for the Lord? I know I was made in His image and likeness and that every day I become more like His Son Jesus Christ, but in all my doing and being, is it the best for His glory?

Today God, I ask You to stretch me to be the best for You. Move me to do and be for Your glory. Open my eyes to see and my ears to hear You. May every word spoken and action performed be a reflection of Your Son, Jesus Christ. May others be drawn to You and may they fall in love with all that You are. This I pray in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: