Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Help

"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you - the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from harm - He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:1-2

How badly we need the Lord. To live each day, we need His power and grace to handle every moment we live.

Yesterday, I received news that someone I knew lost a loved one. I cannot imagine the heartache and pain that this person feels for her loss. The grace is that her loved one knew the Lord and had been baptized.

God, help us see past ourselves! Like the Apostle Paul, help us be who we need to be that we might save some. You have given us dominion and authority to overcome our circumstances and to press on to Your high calling. Give us constant reminders that our lives are not about ourselves but about loving You and others. Give us wisdom and discernment in knowing when someone is in need and the ways to help them overcome. Move us to step out in love and faith just as Jesus did every day. Help us get over what's in it for me and instead be blessings to others.

People are hungry for You Lord and are in such need. You are our help and strength at all times. You have promised to never leave us nor forsake us and gave us Psalm 31:24 which says, "Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." Help us to tell others that You are our hope, our strength and the Answer to our prayers. Help us live lives of faith, belief and blessed assurance. Let us rejoice so that we can say Psalm 16:9, "Therefore, my heart is glad and my glory rejoiceth; my flesh also shall rest in hope."

May we find rest and peace in You Lord, the peace that You promised shall surpass all understanding.

No comments: