Monday, March 17, 2008

Pleasing to God

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who currently handles the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith..." Hebrews 12:2 (NIV)

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship." Romans 12:1 (NIV)

Holy and pleasing to God. Am I a sweet sweet fragrance to the Lord? Do I represent Him well? Does He delight in me when I delight in Him? Is He glad when I love His children? Does He rejoice when I receive a revelation that changes my life?

I was chatting with a friend yesterday and shared that I believe God has called me to reach the masses in some way for Him. I have no idea how to do that, but I do know that I must step out in faith to answer His call. Living His call will take courage and faith as well as trust in my Heavenly Father. I have learned that in doing His will I must rely on His power and strength as God does not give us visions to accomplish on our own abilities.

Whatever steps I take, I want them to be steps that are pleasing to God. I am learning that living my life His way means that His work in me permeates my being and every area of my life. I must be a faithful and grateful steward of all that He gives me knowing that what I have is for His purpose and glory. Every resource, gifting and blessing is to be used in service to Him. My actions and words must be a representation of His grace, love, mercy, joy, and wisdom.

My whole life has been spent waiting to hear, "I am so proud of you!" from my earthly father. I can count on one hand how many times I have heard that from him, but have lost track as to how many times my heavenly Father has said those words. I have decided that at the end of my life, all I want to hear is, "Well done my good and faithful servant. Come share in your Master's happiness!" Those words from the Lord will have more meaning than anything else I have ever received or earned. Those words will be more precious than gold. All I want to do is what is pleasing to my Lord and Savior.

So, I recommit myself and all that I have to the Lord. Today I want to know more of His Word and have more of Him. Today I want Him to have His way with my life. May I speak and move in ways that are well pleasing to Him. I want to hear His voice and know what brings Him joy. I want to do what He wants me to do today.

Move through me Lord so that Your will may be done. Do what You have to do for Your light to shine through me. Speak to me. Speak through me. All I want is for You to be known and loved. I will be Your broken bread and poured out wine today if You will let me. Please give me the will to do for Your good pleasure. May all that is said and done be for Your glory, honor and praise. In Jesus' sweet and holy Name, Amen.

No comments: