Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Bestest Friend

"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from My Father I have made known to you." (John 15:15, NIV)

This has been an awesome and busy week for me. God has loaded this week with opportunities and blessings that have kept me flying high with joy. For this I am truly grateful. It's funny, for three years I have prayed and longed to do the will of the Lord. It was at that time that He revealed to me what was needed in order to fulfill His vision for my life. I have spent the last three years working through stuff to get to this point and now He is opening doors to beauty, joy, grace, friendship and love. I love being busy doing what the Lord has called me to do. It is always an amazing time of giving and receiving, learning and growing.

Serving the Lord is an honor, but being with Him is an even greater priviledge. This morning I told Him that I miss when we are not close. I just love when He speaks to me and shares His love and grace. I know He is right here with me which is what prompted me to write today's message. He is the bestest friend I have ever had! If you have a close relationship with Him then you know what I mean. Who else could always take you as you are? Who else could love you no matter what? Who else could give you hope when you are at your wits end? Who could give you strength and lift you up at your darkest hour? And Who could sit with you 24/7 just for the sake of sitting with you?

We are blessed to have such a friend in Jesus. He was courageous enough to teach us Who our Heavenly Father is and to die for us so that we may be free from sin and death. He reaffirmed everything we needed to know to live a life of freedom and His death tore the veil that kept us from reaching our Heavenly Father. Now, we can go to Him at anytime. How many friends do you have that you can call on at anytime and they will always be there to listen and help? There is no greater love than this!

Thank you Jesus for being my friend! Thank you for Your faithfulness to the Father and for Your precious love. Help me to be Your friend and a true friend to others. May You receive all the glory, honor and praise. In Your sweet and holy Name, Amen.

No comments: