Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Desperate for God

"He said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.'" Mark 5:34

How desperate are you to want God moving in your life? How desperate are you to want your dreams achieved and your needs filled? Are you desperate enough to reach for Him at all costs? Will you turn away from who and what is not working in your life to Him Who will do a mighty work instead? Are you desperate enough to believe Him at His Word?

The woman who suffered an issue of blood for years is a great example of perseverance and faith. She was not going to let Jesus pass by without touching Him. She believed enough to press on to touch just the hem of His garment, hoping for healing.

What are you hoping for? What do you want Him to do in your life? What do you want to be freed from? Do you believe enough to reach out to Him? Do you believe that if you reach just a little bit more that you will touch the hem of His garment? The sweetest words to hear are, " your faith has made you well."

I just finished reading a great book called, "Prepare for Rain" by Micheal Catt. His church members wrote and produced the awesome movie, "Facing the Giants." Both the book and movie feature perfect examples of people desperate for God, people who want to see a move of God in their lives. These people prayed faithfully for change, greater faith, strength, blessings and the abilities and opportunities to reach others for the Lord. They faithfully made plans, sought God's approval, direction and correction and moved when and where He told them to move.

After I finished the book, I asked myself if I was desperate enough to believe and reach for God in the visions and dreams He has given me. I am comfortable in so many areas of my life and know that I am going to have to make some changes in order to walk out God's plans for me. In some areas I am ready to jump out of the boat and in other areas, I want to jump but don't want to leave my safe place. It's hard to jump out and completely let go when you don't know all the details of where you are going and how you are going to get there. But a decision has to be made. Do I love the Lord my God enough to jump out, let go of my boat or comfort zone and do His will? I really want to, but am I desperate enough to jump?

God, it is scary to ask You to change me so that I am desperate enough to seek only You and Your will. I know the comforts of this world are not true and will at some point let me down, unlike You, Who will always be my safety net. Make me desperate enough to reach for You, determined to touch You. Replace any and all fear with boldness and blessed assurance in You. I do want to serve You and see the visions You have placed in my heart come to fruition. Move me to do whatever it takes for Your visions to come to pass. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: