Wednesday, April 2, 2008

All-Consuming Passion

"For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." 1 Corinthians 2:2

My soul longs to be in step with Jesus at all times. The time I take with Him is the light of my day and the joy within me. I love sitting in His Presence, learning what He has to teach and hearing Him whisper precious somethings in my ear. What a joy You are my Lord and Savior!

As Paul states in the Scripture above, his sole focus was Jesus Christ and Him crucified. My desire is to live my life in the same way. What changes need to be made in doing this! Yet, the Lord knows my heart and I have chosen to surrender every day so that He can mold me into the character of His Son. I want to be all-consumed. I want to ooze Jesus out of every pore in my body. When I walk, I want the world to see our Savior Jesus Christ. No, I am not perfect, but my God can make me that way. I choose to lay down my life as a sacrifice for His pleasure.

Through constant study, meditation,worship and praise, gratitude on my lips and in my heart, humility and unwavering expectation my transformation will resemble that of Jesus Christ . Fill me with Your light Lord Jesus and let me light up the world for You! When You look down upon this earth, I pray You say the same words You said about King David, "I have searched the land and found this David, son of Jesse. He is a man whose heart beats to my heart, a man who will do what I tell him."

May my heart beat to Your heart. May my dreams and desires be Yours. May I be totally consumed with living my entire life for Your glory. May all that I say and do represent You well. May I know nothing except You Jesus Christ and You crucified!

No comments: