Friday, April 18, 2008

It's All About Jesus

"I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." 1 Corinthians 9:22

"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." 1 Corinthians 2:2

"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord!" Joshua 24:15

My work, my labor, my purpose must be to Jesus Christ. I live, I do, I breathe all for His glory. He chose me to be a witness to Him in all the world. My life is His for the using. I may have a list of dreams and desires, needs and wants, but ultimately all that is done, given and endured is for His purpose.

He knows the plans He has for us and they are plans for good. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." He places visions and desires in our hearts for Him to provide and accomplish. The possibility, the power and authority for achievement come from Him and Him alone.

Our sole mission is to do the will of the Father just as Jesus did while here on earth. How do I live the will of my heavenly Father? Through a surrendered life, obedience to His commands, committing my all to Him, trusting in Him and His promises, having His Word flow through my heart, living in a place of gratitude for being saved from sin and death and being available for Him to move through me so that others will know Him. Allowing God to bend, mold, shape, break and rebuild me makes for a testimony, a witness for His glory.

Lord, I may not understand why you send me where you send me or allow me to go through situations and circumstances that are painful or confusing, but this I do know - You are in control! I do know that I love You and I do know that I want to be used by You. So, as scary as these words are to say, have Your way Lord in every area of my life. Make me who You need me to be and help me trust You more and more as I live each day. I love You so. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: