Friday, April 25, 2008

Are You Ready Yet?!

"Be ready in season and out of season." 2 Timothy 4:2

I just read today's daily devotional from "My Utmost for His Highest." Oswald Chambers talks about being ready all the time to do the work God has called us to do, even when we don't feel like it or feel inspired. It was a gentle thump on my forehead this morning!

For several weeks now, I have not felt inspired to write for this blog. I felt "blocked" and couldn't put in to words what God was doing on the inside of me. After reading Oswald Chambers' devotional, I now know for sure this blog is not for me, but for God. I asked Him last night to let me be a pencil for Him and as He often does, He used His good sense of humor to answer my prayers.

When God gives us a vehicle to use for His plans, we have to work with and through it if we are going to faithfully answer His call. I continually ask Him to use me for His purposes. When the vehicles, locations or situations for use are not to my liking I get upset or disappointed because they are not to my expectations. You know, I really am not my own and the price that was paid for me is worth more than my thinking I am all that and a bag o' chips!

A life lived for Christ takes surrender, preparation and a willingness to do whatever whenever He commands. What I have discovered is that moments of glory for Him come when we are not looking for them (clearly life is not all about us!).

We get to serve a Mighty God Who wants His children to touch every soul in this world and share the Gospel. This command is not an option, but a life long mission. Because Jesus paid the price for our sins, we don't get to decide when we will be used by God. A command was given and must be obeyed at all times, at all costs. That is our price as His disciples. Jesus did what we could never do. How we must grieve Him when we refuse to be used His way!

Lord, forgive me for being so spiritually minded and of no good for You. Change me today. Help me see what You see. Move me to do. Help me love the way You love. I only want to serve You because I love You so much. Be glorified. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: