Monday, May 21, 2012

Just Try

Last week I was working on an updated version of my website but had run out of site pages to work with. Money is tight, so I thought I would add the pages once I had earned some extra money and then finish the site. Even though I had earned the five free page site as a bonus, I figured it only came with the initial five pages and any additional pages would come with a fee.

About four days went by as I eagerly anticipated a few extra dollars coming in.  While waiting, I decided to check the price of additional pages only to discover that all I had to do was to click on "Add Pages" and I would have what I needed. Duh! I laughed at myself and thanked God for the lesson on trying. All I could hear in my head at the time was, "Just try."

This may be a simple message, but it is one that God has proven several times over this week.  I have been challenged with building and marketing a new business with little to no money and every small step taken has proven fruitful.  Each small step has resulted in big, unexpected solutions, ideas and responses to prayer. Just as Jesus took two small fish and five loaves of bread to feed thousands, He has taken my small steps of intention and inquiry and provided abundance.

Many of us look for abundance and provision in our everyday needs and desires with specific expectations. But God has a way of showing up and showing off in ways we may never imagine on our own.  He will give us answers to prayer for abundance or need, but we have to be open to His presence and the likelihood that He will meet us in a surprising way.

If there is something you long to have, do or be, but are afraid to take a step, do it anyway. I know it is easier said than done, but take this suggestion from someone who has struggled with self-esteem, value and worth her entire life. God really does love us and He really does want to bless us.  It's okay to be uncertain or afraid, but know that a simple step may be the opening God was waiting for you to give Him so that your efforts could be multiplied. Step out. Reach out. Just try.

Be blessed,
Monica

No comments: