Tuesday, July 2, 2013

To Stand in Him

"I want to know Jesus Christ - yes to know the power of His resurrection and participation in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:10-14

This month on She Loves Magazine, the theme is "STAND." Today readers were asked to think about what stand means to them. I think this is a good word for us to ponder on a regular basis, if not daily, for it is necessary for moment by moment living.

For me, to stand is to do what you have to do to believe, and:

Never Stop - when your vision or dream gets blurry, dark or completely disappears or when all hell breaks loose in your life. When people try to put you in a box so they can understand or "handle" who you are and what you do. When they tell you you can't because of who they believe you are or your past experiences.

Keep Believing - even if you are the only one and the dream or vision won't go away. When you think you have nothing to make it happen in the ways you know how and understand. When you are alone, because there will be times when you will be.

Know Him - because He will meet you when you least expect Him and in ways that are so small, but just right. Because you will need to hold on to Him for dear life, sanity and when you've reached your wits end. Know this - He wants you, loves you and He's got this!

Embrace Him and all the good He brings. Savor it and give thanks. It is the sweet confirmation you will need on this journey. God is faithful and He is with you.

Be blessed,
Monica

1 comment:

britney said...

What sweet, simple reminders. Thank you, Monica! And yes, bold and courageous. Both things that are hard for me and yet both things that I know God is inviting me to be for him. Glad to have "blog sisters" in the same place ;)