Monday, February 20, 2012

Credentials

Over the years, I have earned credentials such as a B.S. degree in Dance, certifications in life coaching, wedding planning and image consulting and am currently pursuing an M.A. in Practical Theology. I have spent twenty-four years in the retail, fashion and beauty industries and have also spent nine years in the insurance industry (No, I am not that old! The careers overlapped during those years.)

So what does all of this mean? It means I have paid my dues, skinned my knees, and burned the midnight oil in order to achieve. Yet, no matter how hard I work to achieve, nothing will compare to what was achieved for me as a child of God. For twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year I am a sinner saved by grace. I am a woman who wakes up every day determined to live her best for God.

What credentials or initials do you have before or after your name? Do they represent degrees or certifications? Are they M.O.M., which represents a vocation that comes with the responsibility of raising precious children? Or are they W.I.F.E., which comes with the tasks of being partner, friend and lover? Some of you may see the letters S.I.N.N.E.R. or U.N.W.O.R.T.H.Y. after your name. Please know that you no longer have to carry or claim those for yourself.

As a child of God, your most valuable designation is R.E.D.E.E.M.E.D.! You are
R - reconciled and restored to righteousness
E - edified by God's Word and truth
D - delivered from sin and death
E - elevated from darkness to light
E - encouraged to embrace who you are in Christ
M - made in His image and likeness, not for the world, but for His glory and honor
E - essential for the fulfillment of His plans and purposes
D - a delight and joy to God.

Through God's grace and mercy, we can receive the greatest gift and His seal of approval. This designation comes with the greatest value and the greatest worth. Receive what is rightfully yours in Him.

Be blessed,
Monica

No comments: