Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Missing the Light

One of our ceiling lights had blown out and as I moved the ladder towards it, I noticed a long cobweb running from it. I thought, how did we miss it in our cleaning? Simple, we didn't look up!

I thought about this in regards to my relationship with God. I am not aware of the light until there is darkness and I am not aware of the cobwebs until I look up. When I look up, remove the dust and darkness there is light.

In living each day, we are more often focused on who or what is at our feet and around us, forgetting to take much needed time to look up. How my perspective changes when I take my eyes off of myself, my desires, needs, wants and circumstances and look to my heavenly Father! I am usually comforted and encouraged because like Motel 6, the light is always on.

May God be the Light you need today. May He comfort and bless you where you are. Receive and rest in His warm embrace.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the reminder to look up to You where I am and with all that I am. You are merciful and loving and as You promised, You can always be found when we seek You. Your children need you more and more every day, Lord. Be the Light we need. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: